Yesterday I attended a campaigning workshop hosted by Mavin Comms. When you’re doing communications and campaigning all day, every day it’s easy to miss the wood through the trees.
Here’s a nice succinct refresher; ‘a campaign is a series of linked actives towards a single goal.’
Key takeaways included
- Do your research
- What are you trying to achieve?
- How? AKA the strategy
- Implementation and content planning
- Monitor and evaluate – continuously
Now of course we like to compartmentalise it, break it down, throw different processes at it. Keep that left brain busy!
Here are some tools they shared, some new to me so I’ll be exploring them in coming weeks;
- YouGov Profiler – market research yougov.co.uk/profiler
- Mosaic – market research by Experian www.experian.co.uk/marketing-services/products/mosaic-uk.html
- British Library Business Centre – Market Resource tool www.bl.uk/bipc/resmark/
- Canva – creating great imagery www.canva.com
- ThunderClap – crowd-speaking platform www.thunderclap.it/
But in the end, whatever jargon you throw at it; this is people reaching out, talking to and impacting other people. Engage the right side of the brain. Be authentic. Be human.
Sophia Cheng With a decade of communications experience across the for profit and nonprofit sectors, agency and in-house, Sophia has made a habit of making ‘the hard stuff’ more accessible. Since 2018, she has reorientated her life around the climate crisis. She has forged her decade of communications experience into offering workshops, mentoring, blogging, and more, on the biggest issues of our time. View all posts